Monday, March 31, 2008

Funny Thai commercials

I haven't posted much recently, but there hasn't been much to tell! I do have some pictures that I need to post-- but right now, I'm feeling lazy, so I thought I would introduce you to the world of Thai commercials, as seen on YouTube. These are a couple of years old, rather than current, but they're still funny as anything.



Ghosts and spirits are a major part of life here-- but they are more threatening at certain times than at others!

(Transvestites, specifically male-to-female or katoey, are also far more common here-- or at least more noticeable-- than other places I've been; Thailand is very open-minded in that regard!)



A series of three commercials for Cheers Beer (which I haven't seen around here).

Cultural Note: "Crab" in Thai is poo, which makes the last commercial that much funnier to this American.



I'll let you figure out what these are promoting...



Disturbing, but funny!



That's some strong hair gel!



This one is a parody of Chinese historical/martial arts dramas, which are big here (so are Korean soap operas!)

No comments: